[Interview] 'KIRA' X 'ARTLOVER (아트러버)' : K-indie & K-rock


(Image. KIRA)

KIRA : Hi Artlover, congratulations on all the media buzz that's building since you released "Heart of Stone", you must be excited to be releasing new material after nearly two years? I know you put your heart and soul into writing your "Queen Of Retro" EP, was it any easier to write "Heart Of Stone" after your previous experience?


ARTLOVER : 감사합니다Yes it was definitely easier in many ways, in writing and even vocally as well.


KIRA : Your new video feels more intimate and personal compared to 'Want U Back', was this an artistic choice?


ARTLOVER : When I write a song it usually just comes to me and I don’t think too much about it, and I let the video follow the song style wise. Where I am at the moment of creation usually has a pretty big effect on the work. ‘Want You Back’ was written in London and the video was shot in the Swedish country side. That vibe mixture was pretty idealistic for me. On the other hand, ‘Heart Of Stone’ was recorded in LA. I felt that place was more wild and relaxing, so the song came out the way it did and the music video became quit realistic.


KIRA : It was really great to have English lyrics incorporated into the video, is this representative of a broader international fan base?


ARTLOVER : Thank you. I am very happy to hear that. Yes, lyrics are important for me so I was thinking it would be nice to international audiences to be able to enjoy that too.


KIRA : What is your creative process like?


ARTLOVER : Even thought I have usually have so many ideas in my head, my process is about focusing on what I can do for now, searching for things around me such as a location and styling, it all depends on the concept.


KIRA : Have your music aspirations and success since releasing "Queen Of Retro" meant you now spend more time in Korea?


ARTLOVER : I been traveling around during that period; UK, Sweden, USA and Korea. But I’ve stayed in Korea quit long this time because I wanted to feel what music industry is like here. And also for nostalgic reasons.


KIRA : Did being closer to the Korean indie scene influence your creativity musically or stylistically?


ARTLOVER : As I mentioned earlier, where I am usually affects the work, and I’m sure Korea has influenced the direction in many ways, although the latest single was written over in LA, I can’t help but being inspired by the Korean culture.


KIRA : What's next for Artlover creatively?


ARTLOVER : I never think too far ahead, but I’ll probably spend more time in the States so whatever happens around me will dictate where I’m going next creatively.


KIRA : Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions for our community.


ARTLOVER : It was my pleasure, thank you to having me!


Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/3oioGZ0iMj2lNlju2hjw5k?fbclid=IwAR1glV_M4tT3etc_I9Y15ECBaj63pUrUO9xFkB7Ho7qIQhR4EcFYrKwVmdU

iTunes https://music.apple.com/us/artist/artlover/1346187846


Instagram https://www.instagram.com/artlovermusic

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mynameisartlover

Twitter https://twitter.com/artlovermusic


Press Release;

KIRA https://aminoapps.com/c/k-indie-k-rock/page/blog/kira-exclusive-artlover-interview/N4YG_dbNtMuW120jk4qqZ6KprdLqXlnzxpY?fbclid=IwAR0uOWGtQ3NlcBscekA7B88ghe7GNGPBYtKr5lFapB9tb4F9xZuFBfgGdK8

Comments