[Interview] 'OH!PRESS' : 'ARTLOVER (아트러버)' Is Back as the 'Queen of Retro'



(Image. OH!PRESS)

OH!PRESS : Congrats on the release of your EP “Queen of Retro!” How does it feel to finally have your first EP released?

ARTLOVER : Thank you! It feels like a dream come true!
 


OH!PRESS : How would you describe the style of music included in Queen of Retro?

ARTLOVER : I would say my music is quite contemporary, combining retro and modern vibes. ‘Queen Of Retro’ is mostly revolving around the 80’s. I like to present a bittersweet story, lyrics are sad but with some hope, so I can inspire the listener.


OH!PRESS : Rainlight has been my favorite so far. Any tracks on the EP that you personally like?

ARTLOVER : Again, Thank you! I am very happy to hear that you like it. All the tracks are like my babies. The last track “Get away”, I wrote it thinking of my grandmother and grandfather, it means a lot for me personally. It’s a story about when you separate from someone you love, and how love transcends time and space and how someone can stay with you forever.


OH!PRESS : Hakuna Matata is an interesting track in my opinion, can you discuss the inspiration behind the song?

ARTLOVER : Track itself is very funky. I wanted to create a very hopeful vibe with punky and tropical sounds. I aimed to make it fit nicely into the mix of songs on the EP and make each song progress through the record. As the first track “Hakuna Matata” from the breaking of an innocent heart, and then a noble person comes and says “everything will be okay (Hakuna Matata).”


OH!PRESS : Do you plan on releasing a music video for any of the new tracks in the EP?

ARTLOVER : I have been planning to make a music video as that’s one of the most fun parts for everyone. I have a great idea for “Hakuna Matata” or “Rainlight”. I hope I can show my next music video for my fans very soon.


OH!PRESS : Do you have any thoughts about performing and promoting in South Korea?

ARTLOVER : The Korean market is not an easy market for Indie musicians yet, but it’s getting better. I was talking with the label in Korea recently and if me and the label are looking for the same direction then it might happen, otherwise, it will take some time and I am not rushing anything because I believe it will happen at the right time.


OH!PRESS : Now for future releases, are you working on any EPs/albums to follow up Queen of Retro?

ARTLOVER : I am working on my next single, I would try many different styles because I believe that brings the most value for the artist. Until then I hope everyone enjoys my debut EP “Queen of Retro.” 


Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/3oioGZ0iMj2lNlju2hjw5k?fbclid=IwAR1glV_M4tT3etc_I9Y15ECBaj63pUrUO9xFkB7Ho7qIQhR4EcFYrKwVmdU

iTunes https://music.apple.com/us/artist/artlover/1346187846


Instagram https://www.instagram.com/artlovermusic

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mynameisartlover

Twitter https://twitter.com/artlovermusic


Press Release;

OH!PRESS https://blog.onehallyu.com/interview-artlover-is-back-as-the-queen-of-retro/


Comments