[Review] 'hallyureviews' : 'ARTLOVER (아트러버) Has Us Intrigued With redmOOn (레드문)'

 

(Image. hallyureviews)


ARTLOVER went from being a makeup artist to being a new soloist for us to watch and she just dropped her single redmOOn.
We love a good unexpected find of music! We are a couple of days late on this one and rather than waiting to put this into this week’s roundup we decided to dedicate an entire review to redmOOn. It is time to spotlight some unknown acts as well, methinks! As far as I could find out is that ARTLOVER used to be a makeup artist and now she is making music and is also based in London? Anyhow, ARTLOVER is onto something here with redmOOn.
redmOOn is like Una will say, pretty retro and nostalgic. redmOOn reminds me a lot of some alternative pop western artists, which I have been listening to for the entire weekend, I needed a K-Pop break. The clear highlight of the song is by far that guitar solo. Wow! We rarely get real instruments like this in K-Pop anymore or much too rarely and redmOOn gives me some really great moments here. *goes to replay redmOOn over and over again.* The song kind of feels like the background music to some angsty teen movie about runaways or something and I am really feeling it? Why? Not sure. redmOOn isn’t perfect but it is pretty cool and it is going onto the playlist as we speak.
Now, who can offer us more hidden gems like this?
Well this is a nice, unexpected little jam to start the working week with! redmOOn has a bit of a nostalgic, retro feeling to it, especially during the sung parts and it kind of reminds me of that feeling I get when I listen to The 1975 (especially Somebody Else which no one can ever top honestly – how does one create a song like that is beyond me).
The song plays with, at first, a seemingly straight melody, but later starts adding some new, hypnotic elements to the mix which is really cool. I’m definitely a bigger fan of the sung parts than the speak-rap ones but the real star of redmOOn has to be that unexpected guitar solo! The guitar really brings a different perspective to the song and elevates the energy of it which was needed during its second part – a fantastic choice. redmOOn isn’t perfect but it’s a really solid piece of indie music and I found myself enjoying it a lot unexpectedly.
Will be interested to hear more from ARTLOVER in the future!

Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/18ly7Xrsx74igexBqVSoVe

Comments